If you don’t have the grades for your chosen undergraduate course, you’re not sure which subject you’d like to take, or you’re returning to study after some time away, you may want to consider an integrated foundation year.
Successfully completing this additional year not only guarantees your place on your choice of a range of linked courses, but also that you’ll be better prepared for university study.
The Foundation Year may be for you, if you:
- aren’t sure which subject you’d like to specialise in
- don’t have the right combination of subjects for direct entry into Year 1
- don’t meet the expected requirements for direct entry into Year 1
- are returning to education after some time away.
You’ll learn essential skills and knowledge and also benefit from:
- courses designed specifically to prepare you for onward study at Sussex
- dedicated academic support for your subject
- the same 访问 student funding as for other degrees
- 访问 University-managed住房 during your foundation year, and benefit from advice on renting a room or house in the private sector 当你进入第一年的时候.
You can study a Foundation Year at Sussex in the following subject areas:
- Arts and Humanities (with a foundation year) BA
- 业务, Management and Economics (with a foundation year) BSc
- Computing Sciences (with a foundation year) BSc
- Design and 业务 (with a foundation year) BSc
- Engineering (with a foundation year) BEng
- Life Sciences (with a foundation year) BSc
- Mathematics (with a foundation year) BSc
- Physics and Astronomy (with a foundation year) BSc
- Psychology (with a foundation year) BSc
- Social Sciences (with a foundation year) BA
Can a Foundation Year set you up for success? 观看mg冰球突破豪华版官网的视频...
I think we were quite similar when we came to Sussex.
I applied for the Physics BSc and I didn’t do well enough in my A-levels.
I got offered a Foundation Year because, 像你这样的, I applied for the BSc but I had never heard of a Foundation Year.
When they offered it to me I thought, “Great! 我可以拿个B和两个c去上大学."
I chose the Foundation Year because I felt like I didn’t have the basic knowledge that I needed to start a degree.
Sussex really set me up for that with the Foundation Year.
During A-levels I just wasn’t getting it and I wasn’t sure why.
I kept practising and I even had a private tutor and he said “You have the knowledge but you can’t seem to apply it when it comes to an exam.”
I think we both suffer from stress during exams.
We are definitely given a lot of support at Sussex.
她只是倾听. I know when I say some things it can be stupid and having her in the Foundation Year to support me gave me a lot of confidence.
She said, “The grades you are getting right now are good enough to go onto a 大师.”
Both of us were struggling and now we are getting firsts.
It wasn’t just Jackie, it was also the campus, it’s so beautiful.
And you can go just 10 minutes out and you’re here. 在这个海滩上.
This is a lovely place to come, especially if you’re stressed from exams.
There are also plenty of places on campus where you can go and relax.
我只是有个直觉. Weird as that sounds I felt, “This is the place where I will be more confident and find myself. I don’t want to be that shy person that was struggling so much at A-levels.”
- you don’t meet the entry requirements for direct entry into Year 1
The Foundation Year gave me the chance to get comfortable with university life and learn a wide range of multidisciplinary subjects.”凯蒂·萨维奇
Social Sciences (with a foundation year) BA, now studying Geography BA
What happens after a Foundation Year
If you successfully complete your Foundation Year, you'll be able to progress on to a range of related (linked) subjects.
You’ll find details of your choice of progression routes on our 基础学年课程页面. You will move into Year 1 (just as completing Year 1 leads into Year 2, and so on).
Many of our students find a Foundation Year is a great way to settle into University life and begin their undergraduate studies. Hear from some of our Foundation Year students below.
Meeting students on the Foundation Year helped me ease into university. I had a chance to understand the standard of work and organisation needed. This will give me an advantage throughout my university studies.”Kadija Khatun
业务, Management and Economics (with a foundation year) BSc, now studying 业务 and Management Studies BSc